Reach The Stars!

 Aim High!


Alright, let's just say that you are a car dealer. You happen to see a customer eyeing your car at a dealership and you're quite unsure if that they are going to buy it. I mean that'quite natural because most of the people just do window shopping. They see and leave which I know is super annoying. But, in this case we are talking about a potential customer. You really want them to buy the car because you could use the commission. The customer calls you over, acting mildly excited (not too much, just acting cool) but very clearly trying to keep their best poker face.So now, let the game begin! 
You quote a price, they start walking away. They begin to walk away. You lower the price.They suggest an even lower price. Now what you do is , you start talking about the car's special features and they obviously pretend that they don't care that much. You say 10 Lakhs, the customer says 9 Lakhs. You say 9 Lakh 90 thousand they say 8 Lakhs. You make a final offer 9 lakh 60 thousand.
"Fine! I'll pay 10 Lakh 10 Thousand",said no buyer.

Well, can you guess why? That's because when you negotiate, you're not likely to get exactly what you asked for. And you definitely won't get MORE than what you asked for. I don't remember the last time I asked a friend to borrow their shirt and they replied, " Sure! And here's my cellphone and girlfriend too! Have fun!!" It never happens! I mean, that would be a great friend, don't get me wrong, but that's just not likely possible to happen.
All I'm saying is that life is one big negotiation. If I know one thing about the barter system is that you need to start high. That's because you're never going to get exactly what you want, so you better ask for more that you need. For much clear understanding, let me put it this way. When you go for something you want, there are three possible outcomes;
1. Ideal
2. Workable
3. Horrible
An Amitastic person isn't scared to aim for ideal, because an Amitastic person knows that , at worst, they'll probably end up arriving at a workable scenario. But if you sell yourself short and play it safe, you may end up disappointed.

An Amitastic person does not let anything stop them from aiming high. All I'm saying is , Don't give up before you even try. I refuse to believe something can't happen until I'm flat out told NO. To be honest, sometimes even after hearing NO I still don't believe it can't be done.Why? Simple, because I'm relentlessly determined. And you know what? It's worked out great for me so far. It's fine to push for what you want, as long as you're charming and polite about it.
If you aim low, you'll end up lower than you think. That's why you have to aim high. No one else is going to compensate for your lack of ambition.Always remember that! With this I end today's article.Don't forget, always aim high!

BYE!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Your ex wasn't right for you!

First Post.

Values more than Hobbies